- 700g bunch tomato, (in summer)
- 1 glass of tomato juice (optional)
- 5 almond cucumbers without peeling
- 1 / 2 red california peppers
- 4-5 large shallots / shallot (or half a red onion)
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 clove of garlic , chopped
- 2 tablespoons of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teas spoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- a pinch of sugar, to take the acid
- 1 / 4 teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper
- 5-6 leaves of basil, chiffon cut
What is Gazpacho?
Gazpacho, cold soup of Spanish cuisine, especially that of Andalusia. It is an ancient dish mentioned in Greek and Roman literature, although two of the main ingredients of the modern version, tomatoes and green peppers, were brought to Spain from the New World only in the 16th century.
Gazpacho Soup Recipe Preparation
Start by peeling the tomato skins. Boil water in a large saucepan, make a small cross cut with a knife under the bunch of tomatoes. Hibernate ice water on the edge. Wait 30-40 seconds in boiling water until the membranes peel off, then shock in ice water to stop cooking. You will see that the tomato peels are easily peeled off without any damage.
Gazpacho Soup Recipe Directions
Pass the halves of the tomatoes through the rondo, also adding jalapeno pepper without seeds, lime juice, worchestershire sauce, balsamic, cumin, and a teaspoon of sugar to regulate its acidity. Cut the remaining tomatoes into small cubes with a slight tooth. Extract the seeds of the California pepper and take the dice with your knife and cut it into small cubes (3mm). Finely chop the garlic and onion. We will not use the core parts of hooked cucumbers, cut the shell and fleshy parts longitudinally, cut into 3mm cubes.
Gazpacho Soup Recipe Presentation
Combine all the ingredients, garnish with cucumber cloves and peppers so that a little appears on it, and then decorate with basil leaves cut into chiffon. You can use some fresh coriander for a different flavor.