- 400 gr strained buttermilk
- 1.5 cups of wheat (boiled) or oatmeal
- 250 gr chickpeas (boiled)
- 250 gr beans (boiled)
- 100 gr sweet corn (granulated)
- 4-5 Çengelköy cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 glass of extra virgin olive oil
- isot, sumac, black cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- cold water (to open)
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
Before Starting Cold Buttermilk Soup Recipe
It is very simple to prepare and you can use any kind of legumes and fresh herbs you want in this delicious and satisfying meal. In fact, we can call it a kind of food ashura.
The only binding of this dish is yogurt, so we recommend choosing a good quality water buffalo yogurt and a creamy yogurt or strained yogurt. You can use the recipe as an appetizer without diluting it, or you can consume it as a soup by adding water.
Cold Buttermilk Soup Recipe Directions
- Soak the wheat in water the day before,
- Boil all the legumes separately and cool them
- Extract from the skins of the boiled chickpeas,
- First add the yogurt in the bowl and mix it with a whisk.
- Add the boiled chickpeas, wheat, beans and corn,
- Remove the core parts of the cucumbers without peeling the skin,
- Cut it into small cubes and add it to the mixture.
- Add the isot, sumac and finely chopped fresh dill and black cumin and mix as much as you like,
- Add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper if you wish, add 1 pounded garlic stir
- At this stage, you can serve as a satisfying appetizer without adding water,
- If you wish, you can add cold water and serve it in the consistency of ayran vaccine.
- Bon Appetit