- 3/4 cup noodles (baked)
- 1 spoon lamb fat cartilage (brunuaz)
- 1 cup chickpeas (boiled)
- 1/2 glass of yellow lentils
- 1 glass of creamy yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tablespoon of flour
- 2 cloves of garlic (fine brunuaz)
- 1,5 liters of vegetable juice or chicken stock (stock)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of dried mint
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- chili pepper, sweet ground pepper, isot
- vegetable oil
- salt, black pepper
For Smoked Butter
- 1.5 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of isot
- 1 teaspoon of chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons of sweet ground pepper
What is Tutmac Soup?
Tutmac soup is one of the oldest flavors of Seljuks. The recipe of the soup made with handmade noodles, green lentils and yoghurt, which comes from the name (Tutma-Aç) “Hold-Roll”, differs according to the regions. This recipe belongs to the Turkey Bingöl region. Let’s start if you’re ready.
Making Tutmac Soup Recipe
- Boil the lentils in a saucepan, drain the water after boiling,
- In a separate saucepan, add the onions that you chopped for cooking, sauté,
- Add the butter and garlic after 2 minutes and continue to saute ,
- Add the vegetables and chicken broth and boiled chickpeas and cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Combine yoghurt, egg yolk and flour in a bowl and mix with a wire whisk,
- Add 2-3 more spoons and mix until the preparation approaches the temperature of the soup,
- Add it slowly to the soup so that the heated seasoning is not interrupted and stir constantly,
- Add salt, black pepper and spices and noodles. Cook for another 8 minutes.
- Dry the cartilages in a small pan and roast them without burning
- Red pepper in the pan where you prepared the cartilage oil, Add hot pepper.
- While serving, pour the oil mixture over the soup. Bon Appetit!