- 4-5 fresh chili peppers – (grater on the machine)
- 2 cloves of garlic – finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flower honey
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (sodium reduced)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, (squid brand optional)
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 cup of water
Sulury for Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe: What is Hot Sweet Sauce?
Let’s explain this sauce a bit before starting the Hot Sweet Sauce Recipe. Thai style Sweet Chili Sauce (Hot Sweet Sauce) is a type of sauce that is widely used in Asian cuisine. A sweet, spicy bitter taste is accompanied by a balanced harmony in snacks. Let’s start to explain this dipping sauce in a way that everyone can easily make at home.
Everyone likes dip sauces. It adds a unique pleasure to your snacks with its very simple but quality balance. Asian food is always served simply and tastefully using the freshest ingredients. No Asian feast is complete without a homemade Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. This sauce is a classic by-product in Asian cuisine, especially Thai and Vietnamese dishes. Its authentic name is Nam Chim Kai – meaning Thai dipping sauce.
What is the Difference of Homemade Sweet Chili Sauce from Packaged Products?
- Cheaper than buying from the store
- It tastes much better,
- You know exactly what goes into the sauce
- Only 9 ingredients, Chemical , stabilizer etc. It does not contain chemicals.
- You can prepare it yourself according to your taste. You can adjust the spice level with lots of garlic, less spicy or more spicy, less garlic.
Preparation of Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe
- Add sugar, red pepper, minced garlic, soy sauce, salt, vinegar and water in a saucepan and stir, stirring occasionally (about 3-4 minutes) until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- One Allow some liquid to evaporate and exhaust the mixture to concentrate.
- Add the hot pepper mixture and mix. Cook again for 2-3 minutes.
- First mix the corn starch with cold water in a separate bowl and make a slurry. Then slowly pour this slurry into your sauce and mix. Stir constantly until the sauce boils. Then turn the heat down completely and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the sauce is thick, translucent and shiny.
- After the sauce is cooked, you can serve immediately or cool and transfer it to a jar. Your sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks. Enjoy!
What Goes Well with this Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe?
This sauce is hot and sweet, which makes it a versatile dip sauce. You can serve it with almost anything with snacks. You will always have a jar of this sauce in your fridge after trying this recipe. This sauce is so useful that it will be a savior on every friend visit and of course you will make this sauce over and over again whenever it’s finished.
Dishes that go well with this Sauce:
Vegetarian Nuggets, Spring Rolls, Egg Rolls, Chicken Wings, Samosa, Wonton, Vegetable / Seafood tempura, fried squid etc.