- shrimps – 16 medium-sized (fresh and picked)
- sesame oil – 1 tablespoon
- roasted sesame seeds – 1 tablespoons (for garnish)
for Teriyaki Sauce
- cornstarch – 1 tablespoon (7g)
- cold water – 1 tablespoon (for starch)
- soy sauce – 1/4 cup (120ml) reduced sodium
- fresh ginger – 2 teaspoons graterd
- honey – 2 tablespoons (42g)
- brown sugar – 1/4 cup (50 g)
- garlic – 2 cloves
- rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar – 1 cup (60ml)
- cooked broccoli, french beans, peas – 2 cups (boiled for a total of 6 minutes pan sauteed)
- jasmin rice – 1 cup
- water – 1 1/2 cup
- salt – 1 tablespoon
- fresh coriander (for garnish)
Quick and easy to prepare shrimp with teriyaki sauce will be prepared in about 30 minutes and ready at your table! You can make homemade teriyaki sauce or use a good quality ready-made sauce. This healthy and nutritious product will be great for a weekday dinner. You can serve it with steamed rice and vegetables served with it.
Inspiration for shrimp with teriyaki sauce comes from honey garlic shrimp, one of their popular recipes. This recipe is of course a not sweet recipe, but it is at least as assertive as the other recipe. You will not believe how delicious and wonderful results you will get with a minimum of ingredients. A very delicious dinner of the kind you want without getting bored all year round. If you are ready then let’s start cooking.
Teriyaki Sauce: brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and ginger and some starch for consistency …Quick Culinary Tips
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
Homemade teriyaki sauce is fresh and full of flavor. When preparing it, you only need a few ingredients such as brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and ginger, and also some cornstarch to make it like a sauce
The sauce is of great consistency and thickness after first cooking, but when it gets warmed up again on vegetables and shrimp it becomes a sticky teriyaki sauce that covers everything. Also, this sauce goes very well with cooked salmon, and it is the same sauce used for teriyaki chicken with grilled pineapple.
The reason you make this sauce at home is that you can customize the sauce entirely to your taste – you control the ingredients, sodium and other metrics. Want more garlic or ginger? Add! Do not like something, take it out. You can really customize this dish to your liking and it’s that easy to turn it into a meal that you and your family will love.
Teriyaki Sauce Recipe Directions
- Whisk the cornstarch and equal amounts of water in a small bowl. It will be a slurry like milk. You will use this to thicken and thicken the sauce.
- Add brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and ginger to a mixture of coarse cornstarch and cook in a small pot over low heat.
- You can whisk it quickly from time to time and let it boil. Boil and boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Take it into a bowl and leave it to warm.
Shrimp Teriyaki Recipe How to Make Directions
- Take the Teriyaki Sauce you have prepared,
- Clean the shrimps so that the tail part remains on it.
- To remove the intestines, dip the back part of the shrimp with a toothpick from a place near the tail part. pull this part out. Some of them cut all along with a knife and it is up to you, it only affects the appearance of the shrimp after cooking.
- To marinate the shrimps and put them in a bowl and pour half of the sauce over them and leave for 5 minutes.
- Wash the rice and add 1.5 cups of water, salt and washed jasmin rice to a pan to cook rice and leave it to cook over low heat for 8 minutes with the lid closed.
- Boil your vegetables in boiling water for a total of 6 minutes, then take the cooked vegetables into cold water so that the cooking process will end and the colors will remain vivid.
- Saute the vegetables for 2 minutes with a little oil in the pan. Add the remaining teriyaki sauce and start cooking.
- Shrimps will cook in approximately 5-8 minutes. Avoid overcooking, nobody wants to eat a shrimp like a thong.
- For the last side dish, garnish with sesame seeds and fresh spices and serve that way. Bon Appetit!