- pekin ducks – 2 whole (frozen)
- lemon – 1 whole
- garlic – 4 cloves slightly crushed
- shallots – 3 medium size roughly chopped
- scallions – 1 bunch
- orange – 3 big size with peels
- ginger – 5 slices
- dark soy sauce – 1/2 cup 300ml
- coriander seeds – 1 tablespoon
- black pepper – 1/2 tablespoon 5 cloves
- star anise – 3 cloves
- brown sugar – 1 cup
- skewers – 2 piece (to sew the ducks)
- water – 2 cups (470g)
- eggs – 3 piece
- vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
- wheat starch – 1 cup
- cream – 1 cup
- milk – 1 cup
- sugar – 1 tablespoon
- salt – 1 teaspoon
- water – to mix the mixture
Hot Plum Sauce
- dried plum – 2 cups
- fresh chili pepper – 1/2 seeds removed
- shallots – 2 pieces
- sugar – 1 tablespoons
- mirin – 2 tablespoons
- lime – 1/2 juice
- vinegar – 1/2 half a tablespoon
Materials for Service
- cabbage – 1/4 white (finely chopped)
- cucumbers – 2 piece (only the shell parts julyen)
- carrots – 2 piece (thin julien)
- coriander – 1/2 bunch of fresh
Before You Begin The Crispy Duck Recipe
Before cooking ducks, we need to “Brine” (Curing) to get a crispy skin. Brine process is used to add flavor to the product and to dry and crisp the leather. Simply “Brine” consists of a mixture of salt, sugar and water.
Dry curing can be used in some cases. In the Dry Brine process, equal amounts of salt and sugar are mixed and applied directly to the skin or meat of the product. This curing can be applied to meat, fish or poultry products.
This process can be applied as a process that takes between 15-20 minutes and 1-2 days depending on the desired taste of the product. After the curing process is completed, the product is washed free of salt and sugar and then cooked.
Preparation and Preparation of Crispy Duck Recipe
- Defrost the ducks, we recommend that you do the thawing process at +4 degrees for food safety.
- Clean the feathers on them without burning their skin, clean the inside and outside with a paper towel.
- For the curing process, boil the mixture by adding 1 liter of water, 200 ml dark soy, shallots, crushed garlic, coriander, ginger, sugar in a large pot.
- Ducks are filled with orange slices, 2 slices of ginger, fresh. Fill it with onion and sew with a litter skewer.
- Without dipping the duck into the liquid on the heated curing pot, apply the boiling brine liquid to its skin with a ladle and cure all sides for 5 minutes.
- Put the ducks in an oven baking bag without losing their fat and liquid.
- Cook for about 1-2 hours, depending on the type of duck.
- To lint the duck, the duck has yet to be lint. It is imperative to do it by wearing nitrile gloves while hot. It would be impossible to do it when it cools down.
- Take the remaining duck fat in a bowl.
- To make the ducks crispy, you can add a small amount of this oil to the lint ducks in the second cooking in the oven or pan.
Pancake Preparation and Directions
- Beat the egg in a large bowl, add oil, cream and milk and mix together.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Whisk continuously with a whisk, Add the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients.
- Separate the lumpy parts by passing through a fine strainer.
- When the consistency of the boza becomes a little watery, you can add extra milk, water or flour to the mixture.
- Cook the pancakes in a 20-24cm shallow-walled pan.
Hot Plum Sauce Directions
- Boil the plums (with seeds, if any) in a saucepan and open it in a little water.
- Cut the chili pepper in half, remove the seeds and cut into very fine cubes.
- Onion in a rondo Add sugar, mirin, plums and lemon and vinegar.
- For a thick sauce, you can strain the whole mixture and draw the remaining liquid in the pot.
- You can thicken the sauce with a teaspoon of starch to be added. < / li>