- 3 eggplants, peeled, cut into large pieces
- 9 large red bell peppers, halved, seeds removed
- 1 red finger chile, quartered, seeds removed
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons of garlic oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
Before You Start Ajvar Sauce Recipe
Before passing to the Ajvar Sauce Recipe (actually read as Ay-var), sometimes referred to as “vegetarian caviar”, it is actually a Balkan cuisine appetizer. It is prepared with a mixture of roasted eggplant and embers red bell peppers. An exquisite flavor that can be in the form of a dark paste or more granular depending on personal taste. It is generally consumed by spreading on bread, and with its sooty flavor, it is especially good for grilled meats, especially lamb.
Considering the production stage and roasting times, it is a flavor that you can prepare in large portions and store as canned, although it is relatively difficult to make.
Ajvar Sauce Recipe Directions
- Set the oven to the Grid at the highest temperature. Heat it to 240-250 °C.
- Place the washed eggplant and peppers on a baking tray on which you lay oily paper.
- Each side of each side for a total of 25-30 minutes, for 12-15 minutes until the skin turns black. Roast.
- Put the roasted vegetables in a heat-resistant bowl and cover and let it steam for 10 minutes.
- After slightly cooling, peel off the skins, stems and seeds completely and discard.
- If everything is prepared, this crush is normally made in the meat grinder, if you have a machine, you can pull it this way.
- Or the help of a blender You can use it with or without a grain according to your taste.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Add garlic and lemon juice and stir by adding oil, stirring constantly.
- Bon Appetit!
Service Suggestion for Ajvar Sauce
This sauce is a richly flavored and delicious sauce / appetizer that goes well with meat dishes, vegetable dishes, and even on crispy toasted bread for breakfast.