- 2.5 glasses of milk (500 gr)
- 1 glass of granulated sugar
- 4 eggs (yolks)
- 1 meal spoon wheat starch
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (cold)
- 1 vanilla stick or 1 pack of vanilla sugar
What is Creme Patissiere and Difference for Creme Diplomat ?
Creme Patissiere is a thicker custard. It’s thickened using starch and eggs/egg yolks and can be piped. … Creme Diplomat is creme patissiere mixed with chantilly, gelatine and any extra flavorings (optional). It’s basically creme legere made with stabilized whipped cream
Creme Patissiere Recipe Before You Begin
“Tempering”, which is a term used in the kitchen for eggs or similar mixtures that can be cut, is used to balance the temperatures of 2 liquids with different temperatures before being combined. Pro: if you add a room-temperature egg mixture to hot milk, the egg will harden as soon as the hot milk is worth it, creating an unwanted lumpy layer. When adding the egg, before pouring it into the milk, we need to take the hot milk little by little and first add it to the egg mixture and bring it closer to the degree of the milk you will pour.
Creme Patissiere Recipe Directions
- Take the milk into the pot, add half the sugar, the vanilla stick seeds and itself and mix.
- Heat the milk on the stove at the lowest heat without boiling,
- Put the egg yolks and sugar in a separate bowl. Add the rest and beat until the sugar dissolves,
- Add the starch and flour to the egg mixture, continue whisking,
- Take a scoop of hot milk, add the egg gradually and temper it by stirring constantly, (see. point “)
- Repeat the tempering process 2-3 times,
- If the egg mixture looks smooth, you have done the tempering process properly,
- By constantly stirring the hot milk in the stove (whisk with), pour the whole egg mixture slowly,
- Open the bottom of the stove a little and continuously mix until the mixture reaches the consistency.
- Your pastry cream should be prepared with eggs, starch and flour in 3-4 minutes.
- At this point, remove from the heat and use cold butter and white to cool the cream. Add chocolate.
- To cool the pastry cream and not to form a crust, stick it to the surface of the cream with cling film without leaving any air.
- After cooling for 5-10 minutes, you can take the mixture into the squeezing bag and use it.
Creme Patisserie Recipe Alternative Recipes
Cocoa Cream Pattiserie