- 500g flour (2 cups)
- 375ml water
- 12.5g fresh yeast
- 1.5 teaspoons of salt (8g)
- fine wheat bran (to prevent the dough from sticking)
- black cumin and roasted sesame
Slurry (Original Method)
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 6 tablespoons of water (hot)
To Spread (Alternative Method)
- 1 teaspoon of yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Auxiliary Equipment
- Dough scraping spatula
- Greasy baking paper
- Baking stone or Ceramic Baking Pizza Stone
Before You Start Ramadan Pita Recipe
As with many pastries, weight and ratio are the most important for the consistency of the recipe. The key point of Ramadan pita is kneading. For this reason, you need to continue the kneading process for at least 10-12 minutes, so that the gluten in the dough is exposed and it is important for a crispy pita. Hand kneading and knock-fold process is very important.
While doing this process, you should take the dough from the right side with both hands, hit the counter and fold it forward. The dough is sticky at first, and due to the gluten that occurs in the folding process, the dough will become less sticky, clumping and smooth. If you want a slightly softer pita, you can add warm milk to the yeast mixture and add a little oil to the dough.
Ramadan Pita Recipe Cooking at Home Directions
- Take the flour on the counter, open the middle, make a pool, add the water and knead the dough mixture for about 8 minutes until it is recovered.
- If you do the kneading process in the form of knock-fold, the dough will begin to gather.
- Then, open the dough wide, add salt, knock and fold and knead for 2 minutes.
- Open the dough wide again, crumble the yeast and spread it on the dough for 2 more minutes.
- Roll the dough into a ball and cover it. Let it rest for 30 minutes and ferment.
- When the fermentation is finished, sprinkle the dough on the bench, sprinkle it on the wheat bran.
- Cover it and leave it to ferment for another 45 minutes.
- Prepare the water by mixing it.
- Instead of the slurry, prepare the egg yolk, sunflower oil and yoghurt mixture and leave it on the side.
- Take the fermented dough into the tray where you laid oily paper. rub it on the dough and nail the dough to give it a diamond shape.
- Sprinkle sesame and black cumin seeds on it and put it in the oven that you have heated at 220 degrees.
- Do not forget to add 1 glass of water in a bowl in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until the top is browned like a pomegranate. Enjoy!