- 3 medium sized beets, (roasted and peeled)
- 5 tablespoons of strained yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 sprigs of fresh tarragon (minced)
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil (to pour over)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Beetroot Yogurt Recipe Preparation
Wrap the beets in aluminum foil without peeling them. Bake in the preheated oven at 220°C for approximately 1:00 and 1:30 hours, depending on the size. To check whether the beets are cooked or not, dip a toothpick into the center of the beet. If you wish, you can also use ready-roasted beets.
How to Make Beetroot Yogurt Recipe
After cooling the beets, peel them off. If you do not want your hands to be dyed like henna at this stage, I recommend using gloves because beets are really root vegetables with a high coloring effect as henna. Cut the beets into small pieces and mash them in a mixer. Meanwhile, you can add a clove of garlic to the option. If you want, you can crush the garlic to the teeth or add it as a puree. Then add the strained yogurt, half of the minced fresh spices and red wine vinegar into the beet puree and mix. Add salt and pepper and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes in the fridge.
Beetroot Yogurt Recipe Service Suggestions
Add the yoghurt beet to a serving plate and spread it in light circles with the sweat of a spoon. Serve cold by adding tarragon and other fresh spices and a little extra virgin olive oil.