- 2 teaspoons (8g) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup water (lukewarm, about 40°C)
- 2/3 cups milk (at room temperature)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter (at room temperature)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt (10g)
- 3 cups (650g) all-purpose flour (sifted)
- butter or vegetable oil (to grease the bowl)
- 1 large egg white (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/4 cup sesame or blue poppy seeds (on top)
- Butter – (melted)
Kneading releases gluten, resting the dough strengthens the gluten bonds. Yeast lightens the bread by consuming gluten, plus the released enzymes and gases fill these gluten pockets.Quick Culinary Tips
Before going to the Mini Burger bread recipe, these delicious mini burger breads are soft, puff puffs, rich single bite-sized buns. The French call these rich buttery breads Brioche. It is great for a light lunch snack or a party snack for large groups. They make ideal fun sandwiches for your kids’ fun dinner. You can turn these tiny breads into great snacks with seafood and coleslaw, or delicious mustard mayonnaise fillings that you will prepare from roast beef or boiled chicken.
Preparing Mini Burger Bread Dough (Kneading)
You can knead the mini burger dough by hand or you can easily prepare it with your mixer at home. or if you have a bread machine, it can also be in its mixer. Roll the sizes into pieces of dough, about 60-70 g, according to your recipe needs. If you divide the dough in this recipe into 18 pieces, you get mini burgers with an average length of 56 g. It is perfect for meatball burgers thanks to its spongy texture. If you want smaller burgers, you can divide this dough into a total of 24 meringues, each with 30 g dough.
For a brighter and more developed crust, brush the brioche mini burgers with a mixture of egg whites and oil just before cooking (when all leavening is finished). If you don’t want to use eggs, you can just use butter or water. For a final touch, you can sprinkle sesame or poppy seeds over each. If you prefer to skip these steps completely, you can apply some melted butter with a brush to give shine to your breads after the last baking process.
Mini Burger Bread Recipe Preparation
- Prepare your ingredients in bowls.
- Prepare the ingredients for Brioche donuts
- Mix the yeast and lukewarm water in a large bowl with a wooden spoon or a mixer. Let the mixture stand for about 10 minutes until it foams.
- In a small bowl, mix and whisk the milk, egg and melted butter.
- Add the milk mixture to the yeast mixture along with the sugar, salt and flour.
- Knead the dough by hand (or using a dough hook mixer) for 8 to 10 minutes. Then put the dough in your hands on the counter and lightly sprinkle flour and turn your kneading bowl over and cover it. Let it ferment for about 55-65 minutes. The dough should be smooth and elastic after leavening.
- Take a baking tray on which you lay oil paper. Divide the dough into 18-24 equal pieces in the form of meringues.
- You can weigh your meringues, but if you do not weigh them, roll the dough with equal thickness to make even meringues. When you divide each piece into 4-5 equal parts by bringing 2 equal parts in the middle and then 2 equal parts side by side, you will get 20-24 meringues.
- Then roll the bezels smoothly on your palm and place them on the tray. As the fermentation will continue and your dough will reach double, leave 4-5 cm space between each meringue and place it on your tray.
- To prevent your dough from drying, cover a clean cloth and let it rest for 30-40 minutes.
Oven preheat to 200 °C Celcius.
- If you did everything correctly, at this stage, each of your breads should have up to 2 dough balls.
- If you are going to scrub with egg white, whisk it with 1 tablespoon of water until it is completely mixed.
- Before putting it in the oven, gently rub the mixture on each bread (without quenching the yeast), then sprinkle sesame or poppy seeds on them.
- After placing it in the oven, bring the oven temperature to 190 °C, the reason we do this is that the temperature drops when you turn on the oven, so we cook it by starting with 200 °C and bringing it to 190 °C.
- Bake your burgers according to your oven for 16 to 18 minutes or until they are browned like a pomegranate.
- If you have not brushed with an egg, take your breads out of the oven right after they are baked, if you want, apply melted butter on them and let them cool.
- After your burgers have cooled, you can divide them in half and fill them with the filling material you want and consume. Bon Appetit