- water warm – 1 ½ cups
- yeast – 1 pack (10g)
- sugar – 1 tablespoon
- flour all-purpose – 4 cups
- salt – 2 teaspoons
- olive oil plus extra – 2 tablespoons
Pita Bread Recipe Preparation
- Pour water and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attachment attached. Stir to dissolve sugar and then top it with Red Star Platinum Yeast. Let it sit for 5 minutes until it foams. Add the flour, salt and olive oil. When the dough comes together, knead it on a slow speed for 5 minutes. Remove from the blender, drizzle olive oil over it, put a linen towel over it. Place the bowl in a warm place and let it rise for an hour until it has doubled.
- Preheat the oven to 250C with a pizza stone on the top rack. When it reaches the temperature, turn on the broil setting.
- Divide the dough into 6 balls. Roll each into a 7-inch disk. Transfer one by one to the oven on the pizza stone. Just before turning off the oven, pour a glass of water under the oven.
- Bake for 2 minutes until the pita begins to rise and brown.