- 450g ground beef (one shot brisket medium fat)
- 125g minced lamb (optional)
- 3 shallots (finely chopped)
- 5 sprigs of parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of masala mixture (7 spice mix)
- 1 tablespoon (25g) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour (to cover meatball balls)
- 1 teaspoon of salt and black pepper
- 400g season fresh or frozen cherries (seedless)
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon of pomegranate syrup (100% pomegranate molasses)
- 4 pita or lavash or bread
- 1 tablespoon (25 g) unsalted butter, (melted)
- 4-5 sprigs of parsley, (thin chopped)
- 1 tablespoon (30 g) pine nuts (sorted)
7 spices mix Garam-Masala: coriander, cumin, cardamom, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg.Quick Kitchen Tips
Before You Start Sour Cherry Meatballs Recipe
The homeland of the Cherry Meatball Recipe is actually a Lebanese dish, and the indispensable part of this dish is masala spice mixture, which is actually Indian origin. You can prepare this mix at home according to your own taste very simply.
Garam-Masala (7 Spices) includes: powdered cumin, mortared cloves, mortared coriander seeds, grated nutmeg, powdered cinnamon, pestle cardamom seeds, powdered black pepper.
How to Make Sour Cherry Meatballs Recipe
- Extract the cherries from their seeds, separate them to use in a handful of presentations
- Add the cherry juice and sugar in a saucepan and cook on low heat for 15 minutes
- When the cherries release the juice Pull the mixer or blender until smooth, add a pinch of salt
- Add 1 spoonful of pomegranate molasses for color, consistency and flavor
- To prepare the meatballs, chop the minced meat, onion, parsley in a deep bowl. add the spices and knead
- Add flour to a large plate or tray, sprinkle them with your hand,
- Drop the meatballs on the plate, shake the plate gently and cover the meatballs with flour
- Leave the meatballs to rest in the fridge for 15-20 minutes in this way.
- Add olive oil and spices on the pita cut into triangles and make them crispy for 4-5 minutes in the oven.
- In a large pan with a little oil. Add the meatballs and sauté for 3-4 minutes to cook like pomegranate on all sides,
- Cherry k Add more than half of the mixture on the cooked meatballs, add the remaining cherries as a whole
- Close the lid and cook it on low heat for 8-9 minutes
Serving Suggestions Sour Cherry Meatballs Recipe
- Serve under the plate either with pita bread or with spicy breads with fried butter and a little cherry sauce and then add the peanuts you sautéed as the last stick. Enjoy!