- New York Steak – 1 (350g – 1 inch thick)
- cremini, chestnut and shitake mushrooms – 250g
- shallots – 3 pcs.
- fresh rosemary – 3 sprigs
- fresh thyme – 4 sprigs
- vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
- dry red wine – 1/2 cup (optional)
- butter – 2 tablespoons
- bone stock – 1 cup (optional)
- maldon salt – 1 large pinch
What is New York Steak?
Before moving on to the New York Steak recipe, let’s say that this steak is the boneless and tenderloin part of the T-bone Steak from the back of the beef. When choosing your steak, be careful to choose especially rested meat, if you wish, choose the one with dry-aged / dry resting. Because nobody will want to consume a New York Steak that grows in the mouth like gum. Make your choice without skipping all this for this meal that is worth its money. Let’s start if your ingredients are ready for a restaurant-standard meal.
New York Steak Recipe Directions
- Extract the shallots and cut them into julienes.
- We don’t wash the mushrooms, clean them with a cloth, remove the stems and roughly cut them into 2 or 4 pieces.
- Preheat your oven at 200°C.
- Take your flat cast pan to the stove and heat it over high heat until smoke comes out of the pan.
- Add a little oil to the pan and place your steak at room temperature.
- Seal each side for 4-5 minutes without disturbing the New York Steak too much.
- During the sealing process, New York Steak will stick to the hot pan first and will not leave the pan before the brown crust forms, so be patient, after your New York Steak is sealed, you can turn the other side to leave the pan easily.
- According to the thickness of your meat, seal the side surfaces using tongs.
- After the sealing process is finished, while your meat is in the pan, add a spoonful of butter, garlic (slightly crushed) and rosemary (whole) and, by tilting the pan slightly, spread the collected oil on the meat (basting) for 3 minutes using a spoon.
- Take the New York Steak on the baking tray on which you lay oily paper, cover it with aluminum foil and put it in the oven. Cook for 4 minutes for rare meat, 6 minutes for medium cooked meat, 10-12 minutes for well-done meat.
How to Make Mushrooms?
- While the pan you sealed the meat is hot, immediately add the onions and mushrooms and saute the two over high heat without cleaning.
- To remove the flavors that stick to the pan, deglaze with 1/2 glass (150 ml) of wine or a little water.
- Then add 1 cup of bone stock and 3-4 Suck the liquid for about minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter and mix, season with salt and freshly ground carabiner and garnish with a pinch of fresh thyme leaves.
Service and Presentation
- After taking your meat out of the oven, let it rest for 5 minutes without removing the aluminum foil.
- Take the steak on your plate, add the wild mushrooms and sauce, pull fresh thyme from the stalk and sprinkle it on the meat and mushrooms as a garnish. Bon Appetit!