- 1 kg ground chicken or turkey meat
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of panko (bread crumbs)
- 5-6 slices of ham
- 5-6 slices of emmental cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of water or milk
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- vegetable oil (for shallow fry)
Dijon Mustard Sauce
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 chicken bullion crushed (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- parsley (for garnish)
In a large por take ground turkey beef, add half of breadcrumbs, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon black pepper and knead. Divide ham and emmental cheese into four equal portions. Place the 1/4 ham and cheese (double fold the ham and cheese) into each meatballs.
Beat the remaining 2 eggs with milk in a bowl. In an other bowl add the remaining half of the breadcrumbs, panko, grater parmesan and black pepper and blend them with your hands. First soak into egss, then into the bread crumbs mixture and cover the meatballs. Slightly roll around in your hand to make sure all the panko and breadcrumbs stick on to meatballs. Rest them for 5 minutes on a greased paper on the oven tray.
2. Shallow Fry Meatballs
To make shallow fry, add vegetable oil into a pan and fry the meatballs until golden. Leave them on a kitchen towel to drain excess oil.
3. Dijon Mustard Sauce and Service
In a large skillet, melt the butter, then add the flour and stir for 2-3 minutes. Then add a little by littke the milk to make a bechamele sauce while stirring continuously. Bring the heat low add dijon mustard, heavy cream, and if you disire worchestershire sauce and grated parmesan and mix well until seing the bubbles come out your sauce ready.
Add the meatballs into skillet with the sauce. continue cook for 1-2 more minutes (without mixing). Sprinkle chopped parsley on top and serve it with the skillet.