Brown Bone Stock Ingredients
- 1.5 kg marrowed veal / beef bones (cut femur)
- 350 gr lamb bone (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 large carrot
- 1 white onion
- 1-2 stalks of celery
- 1-2 leeks
- 1-2 leaves of Daphne
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of parsley stems (tied up stalk)
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 8-10 ads. black pepper
- 2.5 - 3 liters of drinking water
Espagnole Sauce Ingredients
- 800 gr brown bone stock ( prepared beforehand )
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 tomatoes ( peeled in season, cut large chunks )
- 100 g without spices for an oily sausage, for flavor (cube optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic (whole)
- 5-6 mushrooms (cut into large pieces)
- 1 carrot (cut into large pieces)
- 1 medium onion (cut into large pieces)
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- vegetable oil (for seasoning)
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh thyme and celery stalks and if any parsley stems (bouquet garni tied with a rope)
Demi-Glace Sauce Ingredients
- 800ml Espagnole Sauce ( pre-made )
- 800ml Brown Bone Stock ( pre-made )
Before You Begin
Demi-glace is a rich brown sauce based on French cuisine, used on its own or as a base for other sauces. In order to make demi-glace, it is necessary to apply the traditional methods applied by French chefs to obtain a shiny look and covering for the sauce.
Preparing Demi-Glace sauce is not difficult, but it is a time consuming process and requires patience. The most important point (simmer) is the long boiling and liquid reduction (pulling) process in a fire like candle flame. As the liquids decrease, the aroma increases at the same rate. Since it takes a long time, it does not require you to do all the steps in the preparation of the sauce at the same time. Preparing the brown bone broth (Espagnole sauce) on the basis of the sauce in advance will almost halve the preparation of the demi-glace sauce.
Another point in this sauce is the seasoning process. As with any food that is cooked for a long time, the spice processes made from the front affect the aroma of the spices negatively, which causes the unwanted bitterness in terms of taste. Therefore, the sauce can be portioned and frozen after it is prepared, and it is best to make it while the seasoning sauce is heated when it is served.
Demi Glace Sauce Preparation
- Take 800ml brown bone broth and 800ml Espagnole sauce in a saucepan,
- Bring the liquids to 50% half, first on high heat, when it reaches the boiling point, on the lowest heat (simmer).
- When serving, you can add salt, fresh black pepper and spices and serve.
Brown Bone Stock Preparation
- Turn the oven to the top of the Grill. Heat to 240-250 °C,
- Place the bones on a baking tray on oily paper and burn them for 15-18 minutes near the grill.
- For the preparation of Mirpua, chop the onion, leek, carrot and celery coarsely, sweat it in the pot where you added a little oil respectively
- Add the baked bones and rich water to the pot,
- Add the water and pepper, and start cooking at a very low (simmer) temperature when it reaches the high boiling point.
- For 60 minutes - 80 minutes, whisk until the liquid is almost halfway
- Add the fresh herbs and garlic, and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Cool all the sauce through a fine strainer
- You can store brown bone broth in a vacuum bag or in ice containers such as bouillon in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Chop the onion, leek, carrot and celery for Mirpua (Mire Poix).
- Add sausages to the pot and remove the oil, add butter and a little oil to sweat the mirpua mixture,
- Add the tomato puree and fry for 2 minutes,
- Add the flour and fry for 2-3 more minutes,
- Add the bone broth to the mixture.
This sauce is very suitable for meat dishes, vegetable dishes, and Japanese omurice.