- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon flower oil
- salt to taste
Heat a pot on medium heat add flower oil. Add garlic and onions cook for 5 minutes by constant stirring. Add ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and salt and stir. Boil on low heat (simmer) for 20 minutes until the bubbles come out. Try to taste after cooking and add any ingredients as it needs (more spices, more sugar, etc.). You can use a hand mixer after cooking for a smooth sauce mixture.
Barbecue sauce is indispensable for meats. Use as a flavoring sauce, or a marinade, basting.