- 6 pieces of asparagus, boiled
- 1 green zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow california pepper, divided into five, seeds extracted
- 1 red california pepper, divided into five, seeds extracted
- extra virgin olive oil (for brushing vegetables)
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped goes into olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 bunch terracotta rocket or preferably baby spinach leaves
- 3-4 branch fresh basil, leaves only
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seeded mustard
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
Boil asparagus in boiling water for exactly 6 minutes, immediately transfer into iced water to preserve green color and to stop cooking. Take the california peppers, Cut out the head and tip, remove the seeds, cut one side of the peppers, and cut the vascular parts inside out horizontally with your knife. Cut each pepper into five equal pieces. Add 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and garlig and leave it for about 5 minutes to allow the garlic to penetrate. Cut the zucchini into round shape. Slice the red onion thin slices. Wash raw rocket, spinach and fresh basil and dry them.
2. Vinaigrette Sauce
Take a clean jar with a lid. add all the sauce ingredients into jar. Close the lid and shake thoroughly for 1-2 minutes to obtain a dense fluid sauce.
Heat the grill on high. Get the vegetables brush them with oil-garlic and cook them on the grill. Grill trace each side of the vegetables. First zucchini and peppers cook for 3-4 minutes each side, followed by asparagus cook for 1 to 2 minutes gently. After the asparagus grilled cut into 2-3 pieces. Then transfer the veggies into plate.
In a large deep bowl, first take raw vegetables and pour a little sauce mix with your hands. Then put them in a service plate. Take the grilled vegetables in the same pot and the same way sauce them and add to the service plate. For a final touch if you deserved add shaved parmesan on top.