- 950 ml of chicken or vegetable broth (preferably homemade - see stocks)
- 30 gr dry porcini mushroom, infused (optional)
- 700 gr mixed fresh mushrooms, sshiitake, cremini, culture, oyster, or morel (any mixture)
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil (4 tbsp)
- 50 gr unsalted butter (4 tbsp)
- 170 gr about 1 half yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely minced
- 300 g risotto rice, (such as arborio or Carnaroli)
- 175 ml dry white wine
- 40 gr finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- bunch of fresh herbs, ( such as parsley, thyme, rosemary, and/or tarragon)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 asparagus, blanched
A starchy rice is a must for making a good risotto, these rice can be Arborio, Carnaroli, Integral or Vialone Nano rice. They are hard-cooked rice and cooked at different duration. Italians prefer a deep sauce casserole with a handle so that they can intervene comfortably to make a creamy risotto. After cooking, make the special bie punching action of the pot and raise the inside of the risotto by 2 meters and above the pot to collect maximum air which adds a thick creamy consistency to the risotto.
Dehydrate the dried porcini mushrooms by adding hot water in a pot. If you prefer to use other dried mushrooms add them in the same pot. Make a large bunch of fresh herbs and tighten with a cotton fibre. Chop the onions finely. Gently clean mushrooms with towel to remove stiff stems, and slice with your prefered shape, and select the small ones for visual presentation. Boil asparagus and broccoli in boiling water for 5 minutes then stop cooking and transfer to iced water to avoid losing their color. Cut the asparagus heads for use in presentation, and slice thinly, do not use very hard stems.
If all of your ingredients are ready, heat a small pan of vegetable or chicken broth to ready. Add olive oil with onions into a deep caserrol and saute for 2 minutes. Add the arborio (or any risotto) rice and fry with onions for 2 minutes. Sdd the bunch of fresh herbs. Continuously stiring in the same direction. Add the dry white wine and evaporate its alcohol. We're stiring because to make strase the rice to come out its starch and add a little air for a creamy texture. If the rice soak the fluids, adding a scoop of chicken broth gradually, stiring same time and let the rice soak the fluids. after the 4th liquid added now you can add the fresh mushrooms and dried mushrooms that we brew (and also the mushrooms brewed aromatic water). When cooked remove the fresh bunch of herbs.
Taste the risotto rice should be aldente but if it is crunchy, add some more liquid and cook for 1 to 3 minutes. After cooked and when its still warm take caceroll on a towel to add air into our risotto and make it creamy. While keeping a tightly held pot and moving it back and forth, continue stiring with other hand, add the butter and black pepper, stir. Then add the grated parmesan cheese. Serve in a deep bowl and sprinkle chopped fresh herbs on top.