- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil
- 3 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a deep frying pan heat the vegetable oil to 2cm in medium-high temperature.
- Add water, butter, sugar and salt in a separate deep saucepan to heat. When it starts to boil, turn down the heat of the stove.
- Add the flour to this mixture, stirring constantly to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Put the dough in a mixing bowl, let it sit for 2-3 minutes / let it cool.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix with the mixer until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a star tip squeeze bag.
- Add sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl and mix. Set aside.
- When the oil warms up (measure oil temperature with the help of a sugar thermometer, if available) it is ready to fry your dough!
- Squeeze 10cm-shaped pieces from the crimping bag and remove the pieces from the crimping bag with scissors or a sharp knife.
- Fry each side for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Strain the oil for about 1 minute, then roll each browned piece in the cinnamon / sugar mixture.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough, fry 2-3 min until golden brown each side.
For Chocolate Sauce
- Place the piece of chocolate in a heat-resistant container such as a glassware.
- Heat the cream over medium high heat.
- Then pour the hot cream over the chocolate and mix.
- Pour the hot dessert into a bowl and serve.